Monday, April 16, 2012

Hand Selected

It sounds very inspiring, and it makes for a great t-shirt slogan, but failure definitely is an option.  As a matter of fact, it's in the top two options that a person has when they set out to accomplish anything.  This notion explains the disproportionate numbers regarding the school drop-out rate, joblessness, and the ever increasing American prison population.  Even your most successful [enter dream occupation here] will proudly speak of the number of rejections he or she has encountered before experiencing the desired success.  So I hate to be the bearer of real news but unfortunately, all of us will fail at something.  Also, the percentage of us who will fail at something we believe that we cannot, must not fail at is rather high.  How can this be remedied?  And if it can't, how can a come back happen?


Enemy Trick #17 - Instead of finding joy in your achievements you will mull over the sorrow of your failures. 

So let's see; I've failed at becoming a professional baseball player and a globally recognized hip-hop artist.  Two professions I [at the respective times in my life] desperately had to have.  Regardless of the reason or the spin I can put on it, I failed.  My choices therefore were as follows:

A. Live in the disappointment of not reaching my goal(s)
B. Ignore my feelings/thoughts about the failure and the processes and keep it moving
C. Inquire of God the reason for the failure
D. Trust the Lord's understanding over my own and celebrate the new opportunity within the overall goal of leading others to Christ

After spending far too many years on A, B, and C, I was graciously led to D.  This probably was because of one, I wasn't so Christ-like; and two, like many Christians, my goals were more important than God's plan. Since both was the case, focusing on Him was a lost thought.  And you know us saved folks, we love to tell God to tighten up and get on board with us.  Anyway...

Romans 8:30 straightened me out.  In this passage, I was able to realize that I personally was predestined, called, and justified by El-Shaddai (God Almighty) to receive an invitation to His family through Jesus Christ, as well as much more.  Not only did this provide comfort, but it also gave an inspiring charge.  For being predestined means that while I was driven towards trying to fit in, God had already set me apart for more impactful works.  Me being called explained that when I made the wrong decisions and got off course, which possibly was the course God desired me to minister through, His agenda still remained in tact.  And being justified clearly symbolized when I was recording words directly dishonoring Him, He did not allow me to die in my boastful sin; instead He was patient with me...knowing that soon I would pen words for Him to be acknowledged in the glorious manner that He is.

It's tough to see us as Believers beat ourselves up consistently about things we have done in yesteryears; without remembering that God knew we were going to fall, and He also knew He was going to bring us to be overcomers.  Instead, we should hang our hat on the fact that we indeed were called...not just to be saved but to do the most exciting and tremendous things anyone around us has ever seen.  Through Jesus the Messiah, even with a neglectful, evil lifestyle; God chose to keep us here for actions that are nothing less than great.  To that end, it's not the enemy who's tormenting you about the past; reminding you of your failure.  It's you. 

Meanwhile, the Lord is eagerly waiting for His hand selected product to produce.

Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment