Monday, May 7, 2012

Job Qualifications

Years before I decided to take my talents to Blogspot and create a ministry, I composed and performed a few songs expressing my indirect but powerful alliance with Satan.  One record in called Devil Dance, was a fictional (based on true events) depiction of me assuming there was long term value in this demonic relationship through substance abuse and the manipulation of women.  Like most of today's secular music, that work screamed devil worship without actually saying the words I worship the devil.  But at the time I did...and I was so proud of the gross unity, I recorded it for others to hear.  Even though I was torturing my spirit and killing my body and soul, I was unknowingly qualifying myself for a great work as a literal artist for the Lord.

Upon further review, I fail to find justification in the Christian cliche' God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.  Additionally, it appears this is yet another pampering slogan geared to encourage pathetic behavior, validate poor choices, and avert acknowledgment of responsibility.  The entire statement conflicts with the God is a God of order pitch.  Therefore, if the later statement is true, then it would imply that our all-knowing Lord provides training for the tasks He assigns us.  After all, that would be orderly.

I assure you, if you believe you have a Devine mission (and we all do), it is a 100% chance you are qualified to execute it.  Our God is the ultimate coach; and He will not throw you out there just because you feel like you have a calling...preparation is everything.  Take the example of Paul; the author of a greatly significant portion of the New Testament, a modern church founder, and arguably the first evangelist.  Most of us are aware that he was the lead in a local crusade against Christians during the 1st century (Acts 8:3).  And we also have heard about his dramatic conversion to Christianity, coupled with his charge from Jesus Himself to become a missionary (Acts 9:1-15).  But what may get skipped over is the fact that Paul, a Jew like Jesus, knew and carried out the Scriptures and the regulations of Jewish law head and shoulders above most people of his day (Philippians 3:4-6).  What better person to minister than one who had studied the depths of God's Word?  Who else could display the life-changing, glorious mercy of Christ like one who was previously brutally merciless? 

Moses delivered a Hebrew slave from an oppressive Egyptian, then he went on to lead all existing Hebrews to freedom.  King David killed all sorts of wild animals protecting sheep; and then protected the young Israelite Kingdom.  There is no coincidence, these cats were certainly qualified.  So....

You may not be clear on what job is yours, just understand you're already trained.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment