Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Next Time You See Me I'll Be Ten Feet Tall...

One month from now your boy will leave his mother and father to be united with my wife, and become one flesh.  A truly amazing occurrence for those who know me, but an even more amazing thing for me and my knowledge of myself.  I now attempt to document my feelings concerning this, but these words represent around 7 % of what actually is occurring with my emotions.

As she has taken much of the normal-fiance course during this time, I have chosen to have a little fun with it (to a degree).  For example, in a light-hearted measure I've actually declared March 27 as the Day of Joy, as this is the day I asked for her hand in marriage.  On this day I encourage all people to celebrate with a loved one and recognize how special this person is to you (Valentine's Day is a corporate hoax).  Of course it sounds somewhat silly now, but imagine the feelings on our 25th Day of Joy which will lead to our 25th Matrimony Celebration (wedding anniversary).  We will be able to sit back and marvel over the successes and the challenges that led to more successes that God has provided us.  We can share with our children the planing, the obstacles, the laughs, the heart aches, and all that is included in a strong marriage.  Both of these days will be very insightful to them and others, as I expect to be very influential towards the peace of the world.  What a great way to start that when you're with someone who loves you genuinely.  Unbelievable.

You can see I'm somewhat excited over the entire thing.  But even more than that, I'm excited of what God has done for me before and during this time.  With overcoming foolish mistakes, jants (women who showed to be only good for...), and other life-threatening challenges; He allowed me to be alive to where I could meet her.  I did my fair share of disrespectful things that could've earned me Hell, but God choose to give me time to learn and act on the lessons.  Now I'm thirty days away from emulating great men like my father, my grandfathers, and my uncles who were providers to their families and the community as a whole.  It didn't have to be this way, but it is.

So for me, I am grateful for the love of Jesus who saw worth enough in me to have the opportunity to get married.  I recognize that this is much more than the romantic bliss that is in me and Melicer; for this is a piece of what is needed in God's designed plan so He can receive all the credit as He Who Restores.  Sure their will be some things that I will miss as being single.  Only as a single man can one lay around in his boxers half the day.  But what a lot of us men don't realize is the underlying joy that comes with responsibility and being able to meet it.  Real talk, even though I don't run around gleeful; and although I don't have the count down on my phone like Melicer does, I can't wait to be married.  This is not to say that I think it's going to be rosy all the time because it won't.  But it is to say that will be rosy most of the time.  And it also says that I love her dearly.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. Prov 16.9

    ReplyDelete