Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This is Our People

I was going to speak on this...then I decided not to...then someone asked me to...then something related happened...so now I'm talking about it.  So...

How Casey Anthony Got Off


1.  A murder charge is the easiest to beat - I had a friend a while back who was very experienced in criminal life and the Virginia corrections system who dropped this knowledge on me, and I've heard others concur with it.  There are few ways that anyone can be [rightly] convicted of murder one because it relies heavily on eye witness accounts.  Even DNA evidence is at times suspect.  No one saw this happen, therefore, the prosecution is fighting an uphill battle out the gate.

2.  Evil character does not necessarily imply murder in the American judicial system - the prosecution did an excellent job of convincing the public court that Ms. Anthony is a jant (woman deemed worthless).  But they did a poor job convincing the Orlando court that she killed Caylee, her daughter.  In the American court, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it still could mean that it's a tiger.  Which brings me to my next point.

3.  Ms. Anthony is a young, moderately attractive, white female - did any of you clowns who spent time trying to harass, insult, and verbally abuse this young lady take into consideration that the United States has been allowing guilty Caucasians to beat all sorts of crimes since the late 1770s?  Please share with me what made this situation different.

Dishonorable mention - Nancy Grace's coverage

Now that I got that out of the way, in Gilpin Court, an administration member of a certain four-letter housing authority announced earlier in the week that the area "in and around" the Calhoun Family Investment Center has been the grounds for 6 rapes of adolescent girls.  When I received this traumatizing information, I asked the individual if it was necessary to have my program and others meet with Richmond's finest to discuss safety measures for all women in the area.  Simultaneously, one of my employees contacted a reputable city news outlet to report the matter.  The individual I contacted abruptly responded to me, "They are handling [it].  If they plan to convene a meeting, I'll let everyone know."  Meanwhile, the news outlet representative said that the four-letter housing authority would not confirm or deny the rapes and they added that this member of their organization had no right to communicate to anyone about the alleged incidents.

I think we all know how this would've have been handled if this was reported to happen in Short Pump.  However, the administration member and the majority of the four-letter housing authority are African American.  With this fact, I deduct that we cannot point the finger at the American Anglo and accuse them of dis-reporting what is vital to us, because this is being conducted by Blacks in Richmond right now.  Yes, we have seen the distraught parent on many Richmond thoroughfares with fliers about their missing child.  And we have seen that get ignored by news media as well.  But here is an example of how the powers that could essentially don't.

Black people, it would be wise to lift up Casey Anthony and her family in prayer.  It would also be wise to be the diligent men and women that educate, love, and protect our own children so they never feel threatened, endangered, or ignored like our parents and grandparents may have.  Because the fact remains that Caylee Anthony is a common thing in the R.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment