Monday, June 25, 2012

Eighty-Five Year Long Party

On the eve of our first anniversary, Melicer and I had to give up our rings.  Due to maintenance and scheduled repair, our symbols of commitment were whisked away to a jeweler who the company feels should work in another location.  We completed the paperwork with the customer service reps when one of them suggested, "well, you get to be single for about 10 days."

"Nah, I'll never be single again," I responded.

"Good answer!"

No, it wasn't a witty reply because my wife was standing there (I'll pull that card only when I need it).  Nor was it to impress the women who were in the shop.  It was more like a revelation of what the landscape of my life is; and the declaration of being the recipient of the wonderful.

Men and women who have been extended the grace to be married have positioned themselves to be immensely blessed and significantly tasked.  Men find their helper who propels them to complete their assigned Godly work, but they are also tasked with being the spiritual leader of their helper and the offspring resulting from the union.  Women gain their covering, which is in line with God's intended order; but must be submissive and trusting that their husband hears and responds appropriately from the Lord.  Sounds real good don't it? 

So as I watched the rings get packaged up, I coupled these revelations with my first year of experience.  Joy filled my being as I recognized my imperfections and short-comings may have slowed some things but it didn't halt the overall progress.  I got a little proud knowing that some of my actions were well implemented; but I had to dial it back when my conscious reminded me that it all was due to the Holy Spirit guiding me.  Then turning to look at my wife, who is full of patience and love, I basked in gladness.

Jehovah determined 120 days which gives us 85
alive with the creatures of worship
together merged diverting challenges into championships
our first day of celebration yielded instruction in love
it is so...I am completed and she remains here
united
we dine in the cool of the morning with dancing angels serving on us
their hands lay on us as years in union become countless

Holy Day of Matrimony, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment