Monday, October 29, 2012

Worship Scale - Second Entry


I take my hat off to the people who grew up in church and maintained a Christian lifestyle throughout their childhood and adolescence.  I also salute the young people who currently demonstrate Kingdom living even at their young age; because although I was afforded the same opportunities, I hardly took full advantage of them.  Instead, I mostly hid the knowledge of God or used it when I was in a situation I couldn't push or weasel my way out of.  Of course I now know I wasn't successful in either, but it was the merciful Hand of the Lord that allowed me to exist.  And because of this I recognize that early in my walk, I believe my frequent reflection of those times and how I've moved on promoted my worship.  But I'm thankful that my relationship with God has grown to where I now worship Him for simply His existence; because this is not a given path of progression.
For example, many people have made decisions to praise the Lord God after the effects of Hurricane Sandy.  They need to be certain that the lights stay on, enough food remains in the home, and they don't die of boredom before they worship.  I know this sounds a bit silly and exaggerated; however most of us honor God after He earns it according to our perspective.  And this is no way to have a relationship with Him; as the Bible tells us to bless the Lord at all times (Psalm 34:1). 

If your walk with the Lord is summed up with a what has He done for me lately attitude; perhaps this is the source of your anxiety, fear, depression, poor physical health, and financial instability.  You have limited God to the traits of a human; when we [should] know that God is nothing like a man who lies and changes his mind according to his feelings (Numbers 23:19).  Instead, God has promised an amazing life to His followers (John 10:10).  If He promised that, why wait to praise Him?

For those of you who are waiting to see what "the storm" (literally and figuratively) will bring, lift the Name of the Lord up now because He has already delivered you without a scratch.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment